Return to careful practice.
I am pleased to say that from the 4th July 2020 I am allowed to offer the new normal of “careful practice”. This is treatment for both chronic and urgent medical conditions with appropriate PPE and abiding by COVID-19 secure guidelines.
I will be operating at both my Sutton Bonington and Beeston clinics.
Due to COVID 19 quite a few of my normal procedures have had to change to reduce contact time and to put in procedures for the essential breaking of the 2 meter rule (acupuncture can’t be done from a 2 meter distance!).
Prior to your appointment I will be doing our normal catchup phase (approximately 20 mins) by remote in the 48 hours prior to your treatment and this part will need to be arranged when you book your appointment. If you are a new patient this will be considerably longer approximately an hour. This includes the following; –
- Completion of CV19 consent form to be signed before every appointment either electronically or on the day of appointment if patient does not have online facility.
- Update on treatment priorities/ conditions
- If it is possible for you to send me a picture of your tongue taken in daylight but not bright light and the tongue in a relaxed position it would be most helpful. I do not need your whole face just the tongue / mouth area which will help with patient confidentiality. There is a YouTube video that you may find helpful please see
- Conversations will be via Zoom, FaceTime, Skype, Jane Telehealth or phone depending on patient’s technology.
- Please bring the correct money to your treatment appointment as we will have discussed this the day before, currently I am still accepting cash, but it will be placed into a box to reduce handling. Ideally if you can do bank transfer or come with a prewritten cheque this would be helpful. I am investigating card payments and will let you know if this is an option. Cheque writing please make payable to Anne Etherton. If you should make any mistake the cheque will need rewriting as the bank will refuse it if countersigned.
The day before appointment
- Patient and those close to them will be checked that they are not experiencing signs and symptoms of CV19.
CV19 secure procedures for Anne Etherton Acupuncture
Sutton Bonington Clinic
On the day of your appointment. The following will be carried out: –
- The clinic space will be appropriately cleaned before and after my working day.
- Cleaning of surfaces such as treatment couch, desk, door handles etc. between patients will be performed.
- There will be provision of hand sanitising for you to use as you arrive and before you leave.
- Your temperature may be taken on arrival.
- Appointment times are spaced to allow cleaning between patients.
- Space between appointments will also ensure you will not meet with another patient, only myself.
On the day, what can you do to help: –
- Please be aware your appointment time might be shorter as we will have done our catch-up before we meet.
- Please remain in your car until I call you in.
- Bathroom facilities are available however I would appreciate it if it is only used, if absolutely necessary.
- Please bring your own face covering to your appointment. This can be a commercial mask, or homemade fabric mask.
- I will be wearing a mask as instructed by my professional bodies the British Acupuncture Council and Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine. I also will be wearing scrubs (protective uniform / covering). For some points and procedures, I may also wear a Perspex visor for example if I ask you to remove your mask to do tongue diagnosis.
- Please keep personal effects to a minimum as they will be placed in a plastic box in the practice room when you come in. The box will be cleaned between patients.
CV19 secure procedures for Anne Etherton Acupuncture
Beeston Chiropractic Clinic
On the day of your appointment.
- If you have a smartphone, please scan the QR code on the clinic door and return to your car. If you have not got this reception will be looking out for you. If you come by public transport you will be able to wait in reception.
- You will be either collected or rung to come in.
- Please wear a mask but one will be provided if you have not got one.
- You will be asked to hand sanitise and your temperature taken and asked to sign the consent form.
- You will be asked to change down to underwear in the cubicle and put on a gown. Valuables can be placed into the basket provided.
- I will then come and collect you. I will be wearing a mask as instructed by my professional bodies the British Acupuncture Council and Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine. I also will be wearing scrubs (protective uniform / covering). For some points and procedures, I may also wear a Perspex visor for example if I ask you to remove your mask to do tongue diagnosis.
- Upon finishing your acupuncture treatment, you can go back to the cubicle and redress. Please place gown in the wash basket provided.
- On leaving the clinic there is a bin by the door to put your mask in if you wish to discard it.
- Payment and next appointment should be arranged with me during our conversation prior to your treatment.
It is unfortunate that we have to do these extra procedures, but as you can appreciate it is to keep you and me safe and to allow me to practice in safety. I am most grateful for your cooperation with this.